A personal note to you:
I'd like to thank you for visiting my blog page. I search for content that's entertaing and informative. Radio is evolving before your ear's - and now before your eyes! After a long radio career away from Chicago I feel so blessed to have come full circle, back where it all began... here at V-103.
Plenty of people talk the talk - but Mother Betty Price in Englewood has walked the walk. Every week for nearly 25 years Mrs. Price has managed to feed 5-thousand folks a month!
Feed, Clothe, and Help the Needy (FCHN) www.fchnprogram.com has never turned down a family or individual that needed food or clothing. She and her husband Deacon Price lost their home "twice" to keep the doors open. Help them if you're able http://www.fchnprogram.com/ Also, if you know of others who are quietly doing great things in the community please let me know firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail at 312 540-2386.
I love quotes from all people, it could be Dr. Felder at New Faith in Matteson someone like Ghandi. Although the one that always seems to stop me in my tracks is this one:
"Lots of people want to ride with you in the Limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the Limo breaks down."
- Oprah Winfrey
Glenn is a 25 year radio broadcast veteran. A Chicago native, Cosby entered broadcasting as a grade school sports intern in the late 70’s at WBMX.
In the early 80’s Cosby was a student at Bishop College in Dallas Tx and worked for KNOK-FM (formerly owned by Earl Graves of Black Enterprise Magazine) where he developed as air personality.
He became the youngest operations manager at ABC Radio Networks at age 26. At ABC, Glenn launched America’s first 24-hour urban adult syndicated format, “The Touch,” in 1990. “The Touch” was the first nationwide music format to register #1 ratings (Adults 25-54) in New Orleans at affiliate KMEZ. Cosby first launched “The Touch” in 1990 with 26 affiliate stations. By the time he resigned for family reasons in 1996, the total affiliate count was nearly 80 stations.
Michael Jordan married 34-year-old Cuban-American model Yvette Preito in April, but the couple has even bigger news to end the year. According to US Weekly, the Jordan and his new wife are now expecting their first child. Jordan, 50, has three children from a previous marriage: Jeffrey, 24, Marcus, 22, and Jasmine, 19. Preito and Jordan met in 2008, and have been living together since 2009.
Source: USA TODAY
Around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday night, Marissa Alexander was granted a pretrial release with special conditions, according to the Duval County Clerk of Court.
First Coast News reports the conditions of Alexander’s release below:
• Remain under the supervision of the pretrial services program at all times
• Subject to electronic monitoring through the CTC at all times
• Remain on home detention until completion of her case and will be allowed to leave her residence except for court appearances, medical emergencies and to satisfy any requirements of PSP or the CTC
• Report all required court appearances and all required appointments with he PSP or its designated service provider
• Alexander cannot change her residence without prior notice and approval by the PSP or its designated service provider
• Cannot have contact with, nor communicate by any means with Rico Gray, Sr., Pernell Gray and Rico Gray, Jr.
• Alexander shall abide by all court orders in the divorce proceedings involving Rico Gray, Sr., including all orders that pertain to child custody, exchange of child custody for visitation shall be facilitated by a third party
• Alexander shall not possess any firearms, nor shall there be any firearms in her residence at any time during her pretrial release
• Shall not consume any alcoholic beverage or drug not prescribed by a physician
• Must abide by all rules and regulations for the PSP and the CTC including random drug testing
• Alexander shall be subject to warrantless searches of her residence by CTC officers or any JSO officer conducting such a search at the direction of CTC personnel, to ensure compliance with her pretrial release conditions Alexander’s bond was set at a total of $200,009 for three separate charges.