The Philadelphia-born, Detroit-raised Doug Banks began his radio career as an on-air personality for his high school’s radio station. A local top 40 station took note of his talent and hired him for a temporary late-night weekend disc jockey spot. Even though he was the youngest DJ, he quickly earned a permanent position. After high school, Doug turned a six-week trial into a multi-year position at KDAY in
His next LA stop was KFI, which was the stepping-stone to his first Morning show slot in
The Doug Banks Show aired in the Afternoon for two years before moving up to Mornings. Now firmly established in the hearts and minds of fans across the nation, Doug recently celebrated his 16th year as a syndicated radio host. Millions tune in each week and experience some of the most creative and innovative programming on the airwaves today. In 2008, Doug launched his new afternoon show on V103 and has been top-rated ever since.
The recipient of numerous radio awards, Doug was honored in November 2005 at the 12th Annual Living Legends Foundation Gala in
Happy New Year! I was trying to get mine off to a good start by leaving my past rocky relationship of 2012 in 2012. I had good plans to start anew in 2013 and leave that man and that baggage in last year. Well here we three months in and I am back in that old saddle.
Doug my problem is that love simply does not want to loose! I feel like a dummy and I already know what your answer is… leave him alone. Dede, I am pleading to you. Haven’t you ever loved someone and just felt like you could give them one more try? I swear I feel like I’m a girl on Maury! I should be running back stage just for sending this letter in! I mean I know better but it’s that little ray of hope in me that won’t give in. 10% says “give love a chance” while the 90% says “I heard it all before.” I am afraid I’ll miss the time he finally gets it right.
So my question isn’t the obvious one, should I give him another chance. In my foolish mind I’m already going to do just that. My question is when is do you give up on love when you know better? Is love ever enough to keep trying?
Love and War